Glossary Of Geotechnical Terms English To Chinese
1. The Glossary provides the Chinese equivalent of about 6,500 geotechnical terms in English which are listed bilingually in alphabetical order.
2. For an English term which can be translated into two or more Chinese terms with similar meanings, the Chinese translations are separated by a coma, e.g.
3. For an English term which can be translated into two or more Chinese terms of different meanings, the Chinese translations are separated by semicolons, e.g.
4. For an English term which can be translated into a Chinese term with different Chinese characters, the alternative Chinese characters are placed in square brackets, e.g.
5. For a term where there are optional words that elaborate on the term, the optional words are placed in brackets, e.g.
meteoric water 大氣(降)水
6. Words that define the context in which a term is used are placed in parentheses before the Chinese translation, e.g.
pinhole test (分散性土) 針孔試驗